Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Moon Dough

I've been wandering around the online world of other mum bloggers recently. Its neat to see what others get up to with their kids. I found one i especially liked called Happy Hooligans.
Check her out here http://happyhooligans.wordpress.com/
Have a look at those giant bubbles. They are so on my to do list!

Whilst browsing, i came across a recipe for moondough. I remember the stuff being commercially made a few years ago, and sold for a fair bit in childrens stores. I always admired from afar, but was intrigued by the concept. Re-discovering the stuff + recipe, had me pretty excited. And i made it as soon as i could.



Here's Coby getting into the stuff. Its so tactile, All the kids and myself have really been enjoying it.




It holds its shape quite well. (as above) but it isnt like playdough where you can cut figures out. It crumbles away with pressure.

A good tip, gained from a fellow blogger, was to use the Johnson & Johnson lavender stuff, as the smell is really delicious.
Apparently it lasts for ages too, which is great.
Oh and it makes your hands so lovely and soft.
Here's the recipe.

8 cups of flour
1 cup of baby oil.

Yes, it is that simple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment